Tuesday, September 27, 2016

More Debate "Nuance"

One of the great brouhahas post-debate is whether Trump was against the Iraq War or for it. I was amazed to see this headline (and link) on FoxNews.
CHECK YOURSELF
2003 video shows Trump, not Holt, right on candidate’s Iraq War stance


I watched the video and thought, “I must be missing something.  It hardly confirms Fox News’s claim.” So I thought it was time to dig a little deeper.  I went to Politifact to see what they had.

Trump still wrong on his claim that opposed Iraq War ahead of the invasion
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jun/22/donald-trump/trump-still-wrong-his-claim-opposed-iraq-war-ahead/

Did they not hear the video on Fox News?  Yep, they did AND they had the transcript of what Trump ACTUALLY said, plus a lot more detail of other statements.  I was not surprised they disagreed with Fox News. 

Holt RIGHT! BUT, who knows, maybe the “microphone” was also faulty back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment